A Week of Cooking Light: Wednesday: Penne with Sausage, Cannellini Beans, and Kale


Here we are at Day 3 of this week's Cooking Light Sunday Strategist meal plan!  Yes, I KNOW it's Thursday...  haha

We had a late dinner last night, so by the time we ate it was basically time to go to bed.  SO, here is what we had for dinner yesterday.  As I mention in my video below, I have made this particular dish many times, so I really didn't have to consult the recipe at all.  I only changed a few things about the recipe: I used penne pasta instead of farfalle, I didn't add the italian seasoning (because the sausage is already so seasoned that I didn't feel the need for it, and I didn't add sundried tomatoes because I don't think this recipe needs it.  I also used andouille sausage because that is what we had on hand.

This is a seriously easy recipe to make.  Great for weeknight dinners and it's so fresh and delicious.  For the simplicity of this dish, it really is a hearty dish as well.  I also really like making this with whole wheat pasta if I have it.  There's no real "sauce" in this dish, however the chicken broth mixed with the cooked down cannellini beans and the parmesan cheese actually create a bit of a creamy light sauce.  The red pepper flakes add that touch of spiciness to it.  It's just a perfect dish and you must make it immediately!  :-)

As I mentioned in my video, I've blogged about this very dish before.  You can check out that post here.

Check out my video below to see how it's made:



Comments