Headbanger's Kitchen Keto Cheesy Pork Fried "Rice"


When searching for keto recipes, you're going to find some stinkers...  but this one is a home run!

Oh... that reminds me...

HAPPY HOME OPENER CLEVELAND INDIANS FANS!!!  GO TRIBE!!!


Alright, now that's out of the way, back to this dish.  It was awesome!  Many times keto recipes will try and copycat carb loaded dishes with a low carb substitute and it may LOOK like the real thing, but it doesn't come close to tasting like it and it's just bad.  In the case of this fried cauliflower rice, it really tastes very similar to a fried rice minus the texture of actually eating rice.  The only change I made to the recipe was adding sour cream rather than heavy cream because it's what I had on hand.  Oh, and I decided it HAD to be topped with a fried egg and enjoyed with sriracha on top.  It was a good move I must say.  It's a spicy, delicious dish packed with flavor and I loved every bite, so I had to share it with all of you because sometimes a good keto recipe is hard to find.

Also, if you're looking for a great YouTube channel featuring keto recipes, you simply must check out  Headbanger's Kitchen.  His recipes look really good (this is the first I've actually prepared myself) and he's funny, too.  Check him out and let me know if you make this dish.  Horns up!

Here's his video on how to make this dish:



Probably my favorite part of this video was his tip on ricing your own cauliflower.  It was life changing and SUPER time saving!


Instead of stuffing your food processor container with a bunch of cauliflowers and pulsing it to death to grind it all up (which you would think would work just fine but it takes forever and you have to keep stirring it to get all the big chunks)... all you do is use your shredder disc attachment, then feed the cauliflower in from the top, shredding it like you would cheese. Doing it this way literally took me about a minute.  



Perfect.



He didn't suggest this, but I decided to dry any liquid from the riced cauliflower using paper towels just to cut down on any added moisture.  I think it was a good move and would suggest doing this.



The cauliflower fried up and looked just like rice does when you fry it.  I loved that.  Keep your pan hot when you're doing this so you can get some color on it fast, but you don't overcook it and make it mushy.




I didn't take pics of all steps for this one since you have the video to refer to, but here are the last stages of this dish...  here's when I added the spinach and bell pepper.  I added a bunch more spinach than he called for because I have a huge Costco bag of it to use up!!



I couldn't for the life of me find the heavy cream I just KNEW I had in the fridge (I can be a little bit of a scatter brain sometimes...  lol) so I added sour cream instead.  Worked beautifully and tasted great so no harm no foul...  (hmmm... wonder if the Tribe will win today... )




...and here it is all done and ready to eat.  This is one of those dishes you will just keep eating right out of the pan, so try not to get carried away before you actually put it in a bowl to eat.




Well there ya have it.  Hope you enjoy it and until next time kids...  GO TRIBE!!!

Nutrition Info (Per serving)

  • Calories: 274
  • Net Carbs: 6g
  • Carbs: 11g
  • Fat: 18g
  • Protein: 20g
  • Fiber: 5g




Comments

  1. Betturkey giriş adresine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    OX43A

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE