Italian Easter Sweet Bread

Italian Easter Sweet Bread


Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoyed the nice weather that I think most of us had. I think it's finally really Spring outside! As I type this, I'm sitting at my kitchen counter with my windows open. It's so nice to air the house out! I'm knee deep in laundry and housework today on my day off, but that's ok. I'll get that all done and then my reward will be a nice long walk outside in this beautiful weather.

So yesterday I decided to make Easter bread for the first time. I had been wanting to make this bread for years and just never got around to it. Also for some reason I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult than it was... I have no idea why. But, thanks to Laura Vitale over at Laura in the Kitchen, I saw that it really wasn't all that difficult to make and according to Laura, it tastes so so good!  So, I decided to make it myself on Easter morning to share with Mark's family for Easter dinner and thankfully it was a success!  I think the finished product is really pretty and fun and I plan to make it every year from now on!  The taste and texture is amazing.  It's got a sweetness to it and a hint of an orange flavor from the orange zest.  The outside is a little crusty and the inside is so light and pillowy.  The sprinkles add a little more sweetness on the outside as well.

So thank you so much, Laura Vitale, for showing us all how to make this bread as well as hundreds of other recipes on your YouTube channel!  Be sure to check Laura's channel out here and check her blog out here.

To see now to make this bread, check out Laura's video below. I decided to color my eggs, but that was pretty much the only thing I changed. Good luck making your own Easter bread and if you do decide to make it, email me a pic of how yours turned out!





  • Yield: 2.00 loafs of bread
Recipe courtesy of Laura Vitale of “Laura in the Kitchen” on YouTube

Comments

  1. It is really interesting, I hope everybody lick this Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for such a lovely and informative post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE