Hummus in the Vitamix







































For those of you that don't own a Vitamix... I'm sorry.  ;-)  haha just kidding...  I'm sure you can make this in a food processor, but it probably won't be quite as creamy.  But give it a shot!

I noticed that we had quite a few cans of garbanzo beans (aka chick peas) in our pantry, plus I've been trying to pack my lunch lately, so I thought I would make up some hummus for an easy healthy snack.  I plan to serve it up with cucumber slices and these rice crackers we picked up at Costco (pictured above).

I've made hummus in the past, but I've always used my food processor.  I've had a Vitamix for a while now and sadly the only thing I've really been using it for has been morning smoothies.  I know it can do a whole lot more, but I really just haven't explored much else.  So, today I thought I would see how it did with hummus.  I grabbed the hummus recipe Vitamix offers on their website and it was so super simple.  You just throw everything in the Vitamix and blend it up!  And it made it SO smooth and creamy.

Really good, incredibly easy recipe.  Give it a try and save TONS of money because it's a lot cheaper to make it yourself than to buy tubs of it, let alone those little snack packs they're selling at work with like, 7 pretzel chips in them.

See how I made it after the jump.





Just throw everything into the machine and start blending on variable 1, increasing slowly all the way up to 10, then up to High.  Blend on high for 1 minute.  Then transfer the mixture to a bowl and season with sea salt to taste.  I finish mine with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top.  That's it! 

I'll be using this method from now on because it was just so quick and easy.  Give it a try!

Comments

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
    Vitamix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must try this. I make smoothies every morning and when I dont it is because of lack of time.
    Vitamix

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE