Pasta Puttanesca

I asked my kitty, Coney, what I should make for dinner tonight. He suggested tuna. Can you believe it? So, I took to the internet to find something good using tuna. Then I remembered that Claudia got me in the mood for anchovies with her 300 minute egg post yesterday, so I settled on Pasta Puttanesca. Let me tell you... this really hit the spot. If you like anchovies and tuna, you MUST make this pasta. Other than the fact that it's extremely easy to make, it is so full of flavor, you'll literally have to stop yourself from eating the whole pot. Can you tell I was happy with this one? haha...

I got this recipe from Rachel Ray at the Food Network and the only thing I added to it was the tuna and I highly recommend adding it because it really rounds off this dish.

So, I printed the recipe, went into the kitchen, and saw two kitties waiting for me sitting beside their little silver bowls. You think I'm making this up, right? Nah. I'm not. I firmly believe that my cat understands some words and "tuna" is definitely one of them. I asked him if he wanted some tuna and he started singing his "gimme some tuna" song. It's hilarious. So, instead of just opening one can of tuna to make this recipe, I opened two. Because I'm a good mommy. :-) (No, I don't have kids... just cats. Yes, I'm THAT girl.)

Ok, so let me show you how I made this pasta already, kay?

Start by heating some olive oil over medium heat and adding your garlic, anchovy fillets, and red pepper flakes.

As you can see, the anchovies literally melt into the olive oil, flavoring it with a nutty, smoky flavor.

Next, add the olives, capers, tomatoes, tuna and parsley and season it with some black pepper. Simmer for about 6 minutes or so, until the tomatoes are tender. Then just add the cooked pasta and toss.

Heat the pasta through for about 2 minutes, then plate it up!

Top it with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese and pair it with a nice piece of crusty bread. Perfect. This was an easy and quick meal that tastes like you spent hours on it. Trust me.

Comments

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzvV5OHwWA

    although this dinner of yours sounds just absolutely wonderful, i just want you to know that i forgive you for referencing both RR and myself in the same post.

    this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... MMmmmm!!!!!

    Well, I admit it, I'm a Rachel Ray fan. I full recognize that she doesn't cook very complicated things and she talks a mile a minute, but the things she cooks do taste good (at least the recipes I've tried), she's not afraid to use a ton of garlic and hot peppers, and she's a huge dork, as I am. I just like her spirit. But I'll forgive you for dissing her... this time. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look divine. Perfect idea for a fast supper. I like Rachael. She has gotten a lot of people that would not have wanted to cook into cooking. My daughter gave her cookbooks as college grad presents to her buddies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE