Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings

Siracha Wings

SrirachaThis is a recipe by Michael Symon that Mark came across on FoodandWine.com. Instead of using a hot sauce like Frank's, this recipe uses the Thai hot sauce called Sriracha, which is SO very good. Apparently Chef Symon agrees, as well as his stepson. On the Food & Wine site, he said, "We always have a couple of extra bottles at home, because my stepson blows right through the stuff." Sounds like I would be right at home having dinner in that house.

Since Mark and I absolutely love spicy food, and we're also big fans of lime and cilantro, we decided to give these wings a try. They turned out SO good and we will definitely be making them again and again when wings are on the menu. They have a spicy and tangy flavor at the same time. But what really makes this recipe interesting is the rub. The secret ingredient? Cinnamon! The wings are rubbed, marinated for at least 4 hours, roasted, then fried before they're tossed in the sauce. Following these steps produces a wing with flavor running throughout the meat coupled with a crispy outer skin that's drenched in a wonderfully delicious, spicy, and tangy sauce. They are excellent.

Bake wings



So I mentioned before that I've been watching my weight and getting to the gym more often, right? Well, since Jan 12th, I've managed to lose 10 lbs. Woohoo! It's a slow-moving process, but it's working and I'm not giving up all the things I love to eat, I'm just not eating as much of it in one sitting. These wings happened to be what Mark and I brought to a Super Bowl party we went to this year, so I was able to just eat a few.

But regardless of the diet, I'm still cooking away and I have a lot of stuff in my files that I've made in the past that I still haven't shared with you all. So I'll be back very soon!


Comments

  1. OMG, these wings look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy ca-ca- cats! LOL. I love sriracha sauce but cannot imagine eating a chicken wing fully covered in it! That stuff is sooooo hot, I merely drizzle it in little bits (on rice, on noodles, on potatoes, on eggs, in soups....). I have to add some to my tai bo at Viet pho shops, but on a recent visit, I watched in fascination as a nearby Viet diner squeezed sriracha into his pho until MY stomach felt the burn!! To hot for me. You've got the right brand, tho, none better! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog as I was looking for something to cook in this week's chicken throwdown at BBQ Brethren forum. I wanted to do something different and saw that pretty red bottle in the fridge.

    I'm going to check out your blog. Looks great from this one post. What is the add on or widget that you use that has the recipe in tabs? I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris - sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I use www.keyingredient.com to create the recipe widgets at the end of all my posts. You can sign up on that site for free and add your recipe. It walks you through the process step by step and after you're done adding your recipe, on the left side, it gives you the option to "add to blog" and gives you the code you need to easily post it at the end of your post. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spice is something that can't be avoided. Get your online spices here.

    Raw Honey Online, Black Pepper Online, Buy cardamom online

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering just looking at the photos! This looks so yummy, Thanks Kerala spices online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE