Grilled Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Grilled Zucchini and Potatoes

P7190275

Try not to be completely shocked out of your minds... but I don't really have anything to post at the moment.

*shrieks!*

Well, honestly, I have a few things saved in my "blog pics" folder that I made in the past and none of them were calling out to me like, "Hey, look at me! I'm so awesome! Post me!" A couple others are really AWESOME recipes, but they were cooked by Mark and only he can truly tell you what the recipe is. Sometime in the future when he's got more than three seconds to spare, I'll try to get him to post them.

So, in the meantime, I thought I'd post a picture of a dinner Mark recently made for me. It was a couple weeks ago and he said that he really wanted to grill some bacon wrapped scallops. Both of us, as I'm sure most everyone does, get cravings for very specific things from time to time and that was what he wanted at that time. As soon as I heard "bacon wrapped..." I was on board. Yeah, basically any word or words could have followed the phrase "bacon wrapped" and I'd probably still reply with, "well... yeah I'm sure it'll still be good". Be as gross as you'd like while imagining that. :-)

Anyway, I don't really have a recipe to post for this one because there is really nothing to it. The scallops were thawed, then dressed with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Then they are each wrapped in bacon and skewered.

flat skewers

We got these really cool Steven Raichlen flat skewers and they are the best thing EVER! Food doesn't slide or turn around on these skewers; they keep the food nicely in place. They're very heavy duty, too, which is nice since skewers are often hunks o' junk.

The zucchini was dressed the same as the scallops and skewered up as well. The potatoes were just small red potatoes cut into quarters, dressed with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs de provence, then popped into our little toaster oven on 400 degrees until the potatoes were golden brown on the outside. Toss them once in the middle of their cooking time to get them browned on all sides.

That's about it! Nothin' to it and you end up with a plate of delicious grilled food like this. Ladies... I AM a lucky girl. If you're currently a single gal, get yourself a man that can cook. Even if you're an awesome cook and love to cook all the time, do it anyway. On those days when you just don't feel like cooking, or on those days when he really just DOES, you will get ideas you never thought of off of your cooking-guy; you'll get spoiled with great cooking, too.

Love you, Mark!

hot sexy mark

Comments

  1. Lucky you!! That looks so yummy!! I guess we are lucky in the ways that our other halves are willing to get into the kitchen to cook something yummy-licious for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky to have someone to cook that wonderful plate of food for you! I love all the things in it, looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like a lovely meal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bacon.

    If there was a truck of bacon going by right now, I'd totally hold it up, and make this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just keep making scallops. i for one will never get bored...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scallops wrapped in bacon and grilled sound great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE