A Week of Cooking Light Recipes: Monday - Kale and Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese with Garlic Green Beans

Monday: Kale and Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese with Garlic Green Beans

I noticed on the Cooking Light Facebook page that every Sunday morning their blog, "Simmer and Boil", would post something called the "Sunday Strategist".  This post consisted of a work week's worth (Monday through Friday) of Cooking Light dinner recipes.  The meal plan included links to all the recipes you would need and even a shopping list of all the ingredients you would need to make these recipes.  I thought it was a great idea.  Not only did the recipes look good, but I wouldn't have to figure out what I was going to make all week since it was already figured out for me.  I'm also actively trying to lose some weight, so I thought preparing recipes found on the Cooking Light website certainly wouldn't be a bad idea. 

So, I decided to blog my way through this week's chosen meal plan and let you know what I thought of the recipes, how much time it took me to make each meal, and how they tasted.

Here's the post I got this week's recipes from: Sunday Strategist Feb 17-21 2014

Here's what this week's menu looks like:

Monday: Kale and Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese and Green Beans with Toasted Garlic 

Tuesday: Bombay Shrimp Curry with Coconut Rice and Celery and Parsley Salad with Golden Raisins 

Wednesday: Farfalle with Sausage, Cannellini Beans, and Kale 

Thursday: Spicy Tilapia and Fennel Stew with Ciabatta Parmesan Toasts 

Friday: Chicken Piccata with Orzo and Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Golden Raisins 

Dessert Bonus: Dark Cherry Merlot Sauce over Yogurt 



Today's dinner turned out really good, I thought.  The sandwich had lots of flavor and the dinner as a whole was chock full of great veggies like kale, onion, and green beans.  I was satisfied after finishing my meal tonight, but didn't feel too full or sluggish.  I would make both dishes again.  It took me about 1.25 hours to prepare and serve the entire meal and that's while filming.  So I'd say it would take most people about an hour to make this meal.  

Watch this video to see how I prepared this meal:





Stop back tomorrow to see how Tuesday's dinner turned out! 



Comments

  1. Look will be delicious recipe I am a lover of different type of cuisine and searching from internet and other sources. Thanks for share and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE